deejaymadd445

CJ Menu breaks on IPS 4.1.19

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm finding that CJ Menu no longer works on the latest IPS 4.1.19 release.  Any ideas when we might see a fix?

Thanks

this is a bug with 4.1.19 itself (template hooks in php mode aren't being loaded), i've tracked it down where it is happening and have reported it to them.

Well, this menu is essentially garbage now. It does not work at all. I don't understand how this used to work with custom themes, but now it is absolute crap. Enjoy the $15, it won't happen again unless this is fixed.

BTW, it is not on custom theme designers to adapt to your modification, it is on you to make it work right.

On 3/24/2017 at 6:33 PM, woffie said:

Well, this menu is essentially garbage now. It does not work at all. I don't understand how this used to work with custom themes, but now it is absolute crap. Enjoy the $15, it won't happen again unless this is fixed.

well 4.1.19 actually was broken for anything that used theme hooks in php mode (so it wasn't just cj menu, but cj menu uses those types of hooks)...there was a patch file that was released for 4.1.19 and 4.1.19.1 has the fix in it.  (which i posted the link to the tracker's bug report over this issue).  

2 minutes ago, woffie said:

BTW, it is not on custom theme designers to adapt to your modification, it is on you to make it work right.

No, not really, i make cj menu to work only with the default theme. if you want theme customization done, i do offer those at an hourly rate, it is not something i offer for free. now if the theme developer has mangled the area where cj menu hooks into, by removing/changing/moving/etc the selector that i use to hook onto, then this is no different than introducing a bug into IPS thru any other third party modifications. You wouldn't expect IPS to fix an issue that a third party theme introduced into their software, so why would i be expected to fix a bug or issue introduced by a third party theme? 

down to brass tacks, if IPS held themers to the same standard they held third party developers, then a lot would change and you probably would never have any issues with a third party themes, but since they don't, this is where you are at. you can continue to believe that it is my responsibility to support some one else's "artistic integrity" for free, then we will find ourselves at a crossroads. now if you want to contact me like an adult would via PM or my bug tracker like it says on the product's description for support, then i'd be more than happy to look at any issue you are having, and give you my opinion on how we should proceed. so the ball is in your court friend. 

I will be removing this forum, as its original intent was for community support, not product support from me, and it seems to have gotten confused with where to post issues. don't worry, i will not delete this topic/thread, i will merge it into general. 

So then using this logic, when IPS makes more changes (4.2) or whatever, you will quit supporting the chat because "They" changed something? Yeah, that is why I am finding other options for that too.

3 hours ago, Jim Kingsnorth said:

So then using this logic, when IPS makes more changes (4.2) or whatever, you will quit supporting the chat because "They" changed something? Yeah, that is why I am finding other options for that too.

did i run over your dog? wrong you in a past life? not sure what the hostility is for. I have never said i wouldn't fix my apps if a problem is reported for them not working on a new version of IPS. the problem originally with 4.1.19 was an actual bug with IPS itself (not with CJ Menu), it presented as a CJ Menu bug due to CJ Menu using theme hooks in PHP Mode. I was the one that identified and reported the problem, and then had the problem escalated to get fixed ASAP cause i am not the only developer that uses those types of hooks. it would've only been a matter of time before reports for others apps and plugins that used those types of hooks would've become noticed. So i am not sure where you get the idea that i've said i would never fix it due to a change in IPS. so please correct yourself. 

as for problems other people have had, if they never report the problem to me, and only post 2 post in my forums about how crappy the product is. without ever seeking actual help from me (like contacting me via pm or making a ticket or bug report or using the contact us form) i am not sure what i am suppose to do in "fixing" a problem that i don't know anything about.