Babble 3 Poll - Service Notifications

Michael

Babble 3 Poll - Service Notifications  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Chat Service - Service Notifications

• I will be okay if the service would send notifications about maintenance and upgrade notices
    • No i would not be okay with this
    • Neutral - i would be okay with or without this.
  2. 2. Chat Service - Push notifications

• Pay extra as a addon
    • Increased Renewals to open to all
    • Should be included at no additional costs
  3. 3. Babble - Add ability to add reactions to messages

• Yes
    • No
    • Other - Please leave a reply
  4. 4. Babble - New Bots (select all that you would like)

• Twitter
    • Youtube
    • RSS
    • Other - please leave reply

This poll is closed to new votes

Question One:

I would like to be able to send notifications out about to service users about maintenance or upgrade notices. I would like to get an idea how people feel about this before i implement it. this would only affect the chat service, self hosted would not be on the same network and would not be able to receive these messages. 

Question Two:

There are services out there that can make this happen more easily than i could if i was writing the code fully on my own. these services have additional charges, now there are "free ones" available but they sell the information they gather from the notifications. I'd like to preserve the privacy of the clients, by offering this service, but this would increase my over all cost of running the service. 

Question Three:

Adding IPS "reactions" to the messages. not much more to say on this one.

Question Four:

I would like to expand babble's bots as much as possible, was thinking of doing one for twitter which will post messages from a specific user, possibly a certain hashtag. youtube, link videos from a user/channel. RSS import, similar to how it is done in the forums, but for the babble bot. Other, any other ideas you have bots. 

• 5 months later...

Would like to ask for few features if able,
1.) In settings join limits for members, making full rooms happen.
2.) When rooms becomes full, still allow options for admins or mods to join these rooms.
3.) Color text and or back around colors for users to pick from?
Not sure if any of these options are easy to set in the code....
I see you wanted too add more options to bots? Can we do a quiz bot :) that can be turn on or off?

On 3/22/2018 at 7:16 PM, peopleandchat said:

1.) In settings join limits for members, making full rooms happen.
2.) When rooms becomes full, still allow options for admins or mods to join these rooms.

not a bad idea.

3.) Color text and or back around colors for users to pick from?

they should be able to pick the color of the text, unless you meant something else, could you explain it a bit more or maybe show an example of what you mean.

I see you wanted too add more options to bots? Can we do a quiz bot :) that can be turn on or off?

um, you could prolly use one of the bots to create one now.

16 minutes ago, peopleandchat said:

4.) Allow to change what order we can have the rooms in the list. As of now you can't change what order, as they are just placed a in a spot when they are made.

yeah i can add that in, i had it in there but took it out before i originally released it, don't remember why now.

17 minutes ago, peopleandchat said:

5.) When shown in the forums any way we can add a short description under the chat room name shown? 

enable the topic command, and set a room topic with it.

• Thanks 1

chat.thumb.png.9371b5b954bc43608be35a44b548f0e3.png

In the image you see were the topic is shown under the gallery. In the setting section can we add box to add a "Description" section of the chat room?

chat.thumb.png.64932a409344b2cdc10b849e281168b8.png

Were you see the arrow, it has a blue back around behind the text. Can we have a option to change it to black? purple? over what ever text color is pick from. I pick green text but want that blue box turn to purple?

Also I looked over your bots :D, idea what one would be a good idea to use for a quiz bot style of chat?

Edited by peopleandchat