Babble leverages two levels of Permissions and Moderator Options. The permissions will apply to any and all groups when configured, and the moderator options will only apply to the groups that are moderators and are given the moderator permissions for babble.
There are 6 permissions that each babble room can use:
- View - this allows the group to see the room and messages.
- Message - this allows the group to send messages.
- Whisper - this allows the group to send and to receive (you wont be able to send a whisper to a member of a group that doesn't have this permission. this permission is also reliant on the message permission, without it, the message area doesn't show).
- Edit - by default you can edit your own messages, but this permission gives permission to the group to edit ANY message (with the exclusion of ones sent by bots).
- Delete - by default you can delete your own messages, but this permission gives permission to the group to delete ANY messages (there is no bot exclusion on this permission).
- Upload - this allows the group to upload/download any files that are permissible for the room.
Moderator Permissions Explained:
- Can Ban - can this moderator group use the ban command (this includes the unban command), including the menu command on the online list.
- Can Kick - can this moderator group use the kick command, including the menu command on the online list.
- Can Mute - can this moderator group use the mute command (including unmute), including the menu command on the online list.
- Can Make Announcements - Announcements are special "messages" for each room, that pin themself to the top of the messages window, informing the room of anything that is need to know.
- Can Set Topic - can they set the "chat topic" for the room. this is a special command that sets a chat topic above the room window.