With IPS removing chat service next year form their application lineup. this leaves a lot of site owners out in the dark in what to do, how to replace it if it is vital to their community, and with a lot of the third party solutions being expensive or requiring a lot of setup, I have decided to see if having babble as a SAS (software as a service) is worth the time and effort it will require to get all setup. you can help me out by joining the trial. somethings to keep in mind:
- you will need to purchase babble from here or from the IPS market place (if you purchase it here, i can offer you a discount on it, but please contact me before purchasing it as i will not be doing partial refunds after the fact).
- you agree to only use babble during this time period (as the point of this trial is to determine what sort of infrastructure i need to create, this includes what sort of servers and their resources).
- you also agree to run the alpha/beta's of babble 3 and leave feedback.
- you also agree that by joining the trial, that you will need to register to my site here, be apart of a special members group, so you can get access to areas that are restricted. these areas include and not limited to, bug tracker, forums, downloads, store, etc. I will also be using this group to send out emails/pm's with questions or surveys that you agree to return to me filled out/answered in a timely manner.
- babble version 3 looks significantly different than babble version 2 and the way it works is also slightly different. https://codingjungle.com/roadmaps/babbles/ you can visit my roadmaps for babble, to see the changes. I will be updating it in the next few days to bring it up to date with the current state of babble version 3.
Other things to consider, if the trial is successful the service will be done on a 6 month renewal terms. none of the prices will be set in stone yet, so i can not say how much the terms will be, but i will try to make them as reasonable as possible. if this trial doesn't work out for any reason, I will offer to help any one setup their own solutions to get babble working.
if you wish to join the trial, please contact me via PM or thru the contact form. the trial will officially begin December 1st and will last 1 month to 6 months (so i can collect stats on usage, and see what is the best way to go about it).
Edited by Michael